IMDb 250 project is now officially completed! Continue reading IMDb top 250 Project closed! My first achievement this year 🙂
Today, I organized my home, cleaned up a little bit, made some shopping, walked for an hour, took notes about everything as I forget them the next minute…
And, mostly I dreamt about what I want from my life!
There are so many things to do 🙂
I also made some lists on IMDb just for fun… OMG, I’ve watched a lot of movies and TV series. I mean, thousands of them. When did I do that? I guess, accumulating little by little works if you really love what you are doing. So, doing small things everyday become thousands one day. I want to develop a work environment like this. Do the best I do and do my favorite things every day. Here are my favorite things and I am good at them too:
– Travel & walk: I can walk for hours and I fit in everywhere.
– Meet new people who are different than me: I can learn just by watching. New excites me.
– Help people to create their vision in life: I am a psychologist and a life coach, I can talk people out of their existing place towards a more desired one.
– Write: I really love writing for an audience. That is you 🙂 I write really fast.
– Dream: I can do this all day long 🙂 It is my elixir of life
Movies, like books, are about storytelling. They use less words so it is not very easy when compared to books. Any subject, if told really good, can become a masterpiece.
That’s what I learned the best from the bests among IMDb Top 250. I will definitely use this in my future short films for my Filmmaking project.
Just finished watching Dog Day Afternoon with Pacino from my IMDb top 250 watchlist. I love this man. So real.
Free association to Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine.
This one is too close to an achievement if you call watching movies an achievement 🙂 *
Here is what I’ve been so far: Alex’s scores on IMDB 250
I do as I am sick at home, it is much better than pitying myself and doing nothing 🙂 Here are what I learned through this journey:
It’s coming to an end soon 🙂
The initial list on Dec 24th 2014 (139 movies left) as I have watched the rest earlier than the project.
I first set my goal as “throughout the year” but I changed it until the end of January 2015 as I happened to be super motivated and fast about it. Here is the updated project summary on Jan 4th, 2015:
This one makes me very excited!
After watching all those movies from my watchlist of IMDb top 250, I got more and more amazed with filmmaking. I decided to make one myself. As a new project, I will make an appx 15 minutes long short film. To do that I will:
1. Learn how to wrtie a movie script, how to make a movie, how to produce it and how to act by reading books & online material, free courses, watching the best movies ever.
2. Write an original script.
3. Produce it including developing the team, production design, storyboard, art direction, casting, filming, editing, distribution etc.
The movie project is going so good that not only I watch them, I read other’s critics, I write down my notes etc. It is not only watching the movies, it is, for me, a learning platform by discovering and understanding the best examples. In short, learning by examples.
I have always been a theoretical learner, all these graduations in different areas of study, researching and attending classes, participating in discussions, non-conforming the lecturers included.
In the past 2 days I watched 7 movies from IMDb top 250 and there are 57 movies left in my watchlist. I think I can finish them by the end of January 2015 🙂
It is going real good. I am in no rush, I just like watching good art.