1. Add a pedometer to my cell phone. Done
As you know, I try everything. I have redefined lazy cooking with my last recipe.
This recipe is originally my father’s idea who happens to be a machine engineer 🙂
“Altogether in” recipe:
You add all the ingredients at once, no mixing before, no cooking before, no order of cooking.
The tip is very low heat.
Put fresh or frozen meat, onions, tomatoes, veggies, potatoes etc of your choice in some water 1-2 glasses (it does not even have to be boiled!)
Cook it at very low heat for 1-2 hours. That is the only rule…
If necessary, you can add boiled water while cooking, but if you use low heat it won’t be necessary at all.
That is it. Now you can burn your cookbooks 🙂
This is my first altogether in idea:
Lazy healthy sandwiches
You can use this both as a breakfast idea and as an afternoon snack. It includes scrambled eggs so it will make you full until the next meal time. Takes 5 mins to cook & prepare.
Just steam it and eat it!
Bon-fillet with Brussel sprouts
This one is very easy
Take your favorites among the recommended veggies, clean them, chop them, boil them in water until they are smooth. I usually boil them for an hour with low heat.
Add salmon pieces in boiling veggies, add some soy sauce or salt, some seasoning like rosemary, turmeric and especially fresh dill. Wait 5 minutes.
It is ready!
How about some health?
I recently made this and it is super easy & healthy.
I wrote how to cook it on the photo 🙂 That easy 🙂
I started cooking and try to reach a super-easy cabbage recipe with a nice movie 🙂
- 1 kg cabbage (chopped)
- 0.5 kg minced meat (cabbage is best with beef)
- 5 table spoons of basil vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 onions, 2 garlic (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (peeled, chopped)
- 5 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (alternative: 2 teaspoons of salt)
- seasoning: rosemary, oregano, turmeric, black cumin seeds (1 tablespoon each)
- 1 tablespoon of black cumin oil (alternative: olive oil)
- 2 glasses of boiled water
Put everything (except for the cabbage) altogether in a big pot and cover. Wait for 5 mins with high heat. Add cabbage. Cover. Wait until it is cooked with very low heat. Takes about 1-2 hours.
Very easy isn’t it?
Yes it is 🙂
Mine is being cooked right now and I look like this when I cook :)))))
Yay! I’ve lost 10lbs in a week with my super healthy diet!
This diet was not supposed to help losing weight but it did work on that area too!
This is a healthy diet mostly for people who have:
- Liver and bowel problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leaky Gut Syndrome etc.
- Auto-immune diseases like celiac or crohn, bowel related psychological disorders such as depression, migraines etc
- Excessive Candida Albicans in digestive system.
- Under-working immune system (mine was almost dead 🙂
- High blood sugar and constant sugar cravings
I had all of the above 🙂 Luckily I developed The Alex – Diet to cope. As it worked quite well for me in the very first week, I will share it with you as a New Year present 🙂
Plus gain: My goal was to lose 30lbs by the end of January 2015. First part of the goal is achieved: To lose 10lbs before 2015 🙂
Beware that I am not a nutrician but a psychologist. I made this diet up by hours of research about leaky-gut diets, GAPS diets etc from academic studies to nutritionists (who sell their ultimate diet plans 0_o) and personal experience blogs. They are too restrictive for me in many ways and there are too many recipes to follow. That is, you feel coerced to buy the damn cookbook. I said no to that crap and start working on my own diet which I will share with everyone for free 🙂
During this diet, I also took L-Glutamine, Vitamin C, Milk thistle, Beta Carotene and probiotic dietary supplements.
I believe, a diet for health should not contain many recipes, but the principles to apply to your tastes.
So, I developed 10 principles to follow:
1. Drink water as water (0.5 gallons a day). Not as tea, coffee etc. Just water.
2. Eat nothing with a “light/diet/low fat” written on it.
3. Every morning when you get up, drink 1 big glass of water. You can add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, carbonate or apple cider vinegar in it. This is to detox your liver. After that, drink 1 tablespoon of black cumin oil and 1 tablespoon of propolis. Drink another glass of water. These are to boost your immune system.
4. Wait for 2 hours till breakfast. You can drink water. No coffee or black tea allowed. Give your digestive system and liver a nice detox time every day. Oil and propolis have lots of calories and you won’t be craving I promise.
5. For breakfast
This is when you start fighting with Candida in your system. You send the good guys (probiotics) to fight them.
a) Eat 1 bowl of probiotic yoghurt. You can add extra probiotic supplements in it.
b) Drink 200ml kefir.
6. After breakfast:
a) if you want, you can have 1 cup of very smooth blend coffee or tea. 1 cup, no more…
b) If you crave, wash your mouth with some Apple Cider Vinegar and you will feel better. If you get very hungry, you can eat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil every day. You can use this option if you have night cravings. No carbs, eat oil It will make you feel full.
7. Never cook the oil. You can put the oil to your meal when you are on the table. I do not use oil for cooking, I drink it. Better for the bowel.
8. Lunch & Dinner: You can eat the same things in lunch and dinner as long as they are healthy 🙂 You can be creative but keep it simple. No sauces, no extra fat and no breads.
I mostly eat my meals as soups with home made bone broth.
I wrote about bone broth earlier. Click to see how to do it at home. Avoid buying meat/chicken stock ready. It will cause harm to you rather than good.
Bone broth is necessary to mend your leaky gut and fight auto-immune diseases.
You can be creative and use the soup recipe to make your favorite soups with different ingredients. Here is an example with the same cooking tactic. Same recipe, diffrerent soup. Easy, isn’t it?
Note: No extra oil in the soup as it has fat in itself. Avoid too much salt. Use turmeric and rosemary for taste and aroma. Also, no flour is used. No exceptions on that.
You can use any meat/poultry or fish + cooked/steamed veggies in your meals. I recommend cooking veggies with steam. So, you should buy yourself a steamer 🙂 You will use it almost every day… If you do not have a steamer, boil them in water in low heat. But they will lose some nutrients to water while boiling. So drink that boiling water too.
I recommend free range especially for poultry. Organic will be a plus.
You can eat boiled eggs too as a meal. 2 boiled eggs + yoghurt as dressing + veggies can be a nice dinner plate.
Yesterday I treated myself a really nice dinner. I wrote the names of the veggies I used. OMG salmon is sooo tasty I did not even put salt in it! I steamed vegetables first and then the salmon in steamer. It was ready in 30 minutes in total. (I did not steam the soy sprouts though, I ate them raw 🙂
Salmon is very oily and you should not use any extra oil.
Bring it all together and make a salmon-veggie soup with the same ingredients.
9. Manage your guilty pleasures.
a) If you want to eat desert, eat dark chocolate, eat 1 piece (up to 20gr) per day at the most. The next day you can eat again. So you are not giving up for life. You don’t have to eat the whole bar when you open it.
b) Tiny guilt treats: If you want to eat cake, cook it with gluten-free flour and eat very very little.
Small-size dark chocolate cupcake with 1 cooked cherry on top is my favorite (no cream of course)
Also, you can make tiny treats for yourself such as pumpkin desert or ginger desert. Boil them like you are making a marmelade. Do not overcook but boil them slowly with little sugar.
Another example with yoghurt sauce, not so guilty 🙂
c) No-guilt treats: Eat all you can eat treats. Beware, until your stomach stops creating gas, you should avoid fresh veggies. I started to eat them on the 6th day.
Try not to take sugar if you have excessive Candida growth. They love sugar. Let’s starve them 🙂
10. What not to eat and NO EXCUSES!
– Cheese, milk, dairy products except for yoghurt and kefir.
– Wheat, wheat products, rice, corn, starch and starchy veggies like potatoes.
– Fruits as they are very high on fructose sugar. Candida loves fructose.
– Deserts including milk such as pudding etc.
– Raw veggies or salads until your stomach does not produce gas.
– All fastfood or junk food like chips etc.
– Any kind of smoked meat and fish.
– Alcoholic drinks, fruit juice (fresh or not), coke, energy drink etc.
There it comes: The Principle Zero. Start with a decision.
Today is a good day as it is time to make New Year Resolutions. When you decide to live healthy, then clean up your freezer, kitchen, cellar etc. If they stay, you eat them. As the principle zero, get rid of them first. Tomorrow, go buy/order fresh veggies, meat and bones. Start cooking. It is very easy. Believe me, because I am very lazy 🙂
If a very depressed woman could do it, (I mean avoiding sugar and comfort food was not easy in the first days) anyone can.
Have a very healthy year and thanks for following
Check Alicia’s blog out for recipes to cope Leaky Gut Syndrome with GAPS diet.
On nasty, cold rainy days like today there is nothing better than a bowl of warm, chunky stew. The stews that I used to make would invariably contain some form of potato, whether I made them on my stovetop or in a slow cooker. Since beginning the GAPS Diet nearly two years ago, potatoes have been removed from our diet. I honestly haven’t missed them much, as you can make mashed “potatoes” using creamy cauliflower or “French fries” from carrot sticks or squash or whatever else you feel like using.
When making stew, however, it’s hard not to notice that something is missing. So I tried to see what I could do about that when I made stew a couple of days ago.
It was the first thing my husband noticed when he sat down to dinner. “Potatoes!” he said. “But they can’t be potatoes! What are they?” He couldn’t guess…
View original post 314 more words
STEP 1. Pick a meat type and buy fresh bones
Lamb has the best taste, cow has more bone marrow. I do not prefer poultry or pork, but these will do too.
It is better be organic and this is very important “free range” animals especially for poultry in both ethical and health terms.
Pros: Very easy to find, cheap
Cons: It is the bones of an animal. It doesn’t look like cutted meat. It is the bone and you have to see it.
STEP 2. Boil them in very low heat for 8-12 hrs
Put lots of water in the pot and put 2-5 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in it to get the best result. Put the bones and open up the heater. Boil it first with moderate heat and take the brownish foam out. We do not eat that. Then put the heater to the minimum, cover the pot and wait for 8-12 hrs. Check 2-3 times about the water level. Usually you do not have to add water in it. If you have to, add previously heated/boiled water.
Yes, it takes so long. Do not forget: The heat should be at the minimum. This is not a meal so cooking it with high heat in short time will not get you what you want. So simply, wait 🙂
STEP 3. Use it immediately or cool it down and put it in the fridge
Using it immediately is nice but you will eat all the fat in it too. However, if you cool it and wait it in the freezer like 4-5 hrs, the fat will freeze on the top.
It will look like this:
See the bones and the white fat on them. Tap on the fat with a spoon and it will crack. Take the fat out and you will see the bone broth jelly inside.
It should look like this:
I usually do not use the fat. No need to gain more weight. The jelly is fatless and full of aminoacids.
When you take the fat out, heat the pot again and take the bones out. You can also take the bone marrows and put them into the jelly or you can eat them directly. Very very healthy and necessary if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome like me.
Now you have your Bone Broth and you can put precooked or steamed peas, chickpeas, beans, veggies, meat, onions, garlic in it to make a nice soup or you can drink it directly when it is warm.
Do not add additional water. That will lower the taste.
Tip: I steam the veggies and other stuff before putting into the broth because broth is already cooked. No need to overcook it and kill the health in it.
My lazy soup recipe with bone broth
1. Frozen presteamed veggies (broccoli, lettuce, baby carrots etc),
2. Precooked frozen meat products or meatballs (no salami, no sausages, no smoked meat)
3. Other ingredients like precooked beans, chickpeas or peas (No wheat or wheat products, no corn and no starch should be added if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome.)
4. Onions (very small cut, you can use frozen too)
5. Garlic (large cut and freshly cut)
6. For extra taste: turmeric, rosemary etc. (No hot pepper or no extra sauce if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome) Turmeric is extra good for Leaky Gut.
7. Bone broth from 1kg of bones (home cooked, fat removed)
This is how my soup looks like:
Add them all to your bone broth, cook for 10 minutes with low heat to mix the tastes together and your soup is ready to go.
No extra salt needed as it is too tasty and fresh, Good for health. Buon apetite 🙂