I recently wrote that my health is getting better and I am so happy and proud of myself for sticking to my healthy diet. I eat a lot of meat (all kinds), bone broth and black cumin oil which are high in calories and still lose weight as I cut the carbs. Of course I eat chocolate and little treats like ginger desert, pumpkin desert and tiny cupcakes made w/ gluten-free flour.
All of my meals are home-made (by me) and my original recipes. In other words, I made them up 🙂 I call them lazy recipes as I cannot spend time on cooking and want the ingredients become food as effortless as possible.
So, I came up with a new goal: Why don’t I create a lazy healthy recipe set to share with you? I’ve already created a category about it. I tried two other meals in the past two days and will share them too.
At the end of the year, I want to came up with the top 5’s in the areas of:
1. Breakfast ideas
2. Red meat (Lamb/Beef) + veggies + sauces
3. Poultry meat + veggies + sauces
4. Bone broth soups
5. Green salad & veggie sauces
6. Snacks + snack sauces
7. Desserts + desert sauces
8. Smoothies w/ kefir or yoghurt
I love making the combination to ease the cook’s mind. I will try them through time and select the top 5.
As I have a leaky gut and IBS, candida problem and gluten allergy I think my choices will apply to many people with or without these problems.
Today, I’ve read approximately 200 posts about New Year Resolutions.
About 40% of them were about how useless that is. They say, resolutions never work! This is the voice of learned helplessness.
Another 30% made huge decisions on changing habits or moods, like quitting smoking or smiling more, or even “be happy every day”. How can being happy a goal? Though it can be a consequence of achieving one’s goals.
About 20% made jokes about how they will break these resolutions in 2 weeks.
and the 10% of them have set clearly defined, time-bound goals with more or less planning.
I’ve been all these people in the past. I joked with myself, act as an anti-resolver or walked around like a shiny happy butterfly of hopes and wishes.
Until this blog, I’ve never been so dedicated to my goals. That’s why, making a project of your life far from just wishes, promises to quit bad habits or mood controlled (happy all the time) expectations is quite important.
Some say that the goals should be small and achievable. But where is the challenge in that?
Some set goals of habitual transformations including addictions like smoking, or changing their personality characteristics. Where is the fun in that?
According to psychological studies about video games and teenagers, it’s been proven that most addictive games are the ones that are both challenging and funny just above the average. Not higher, not lower.
Noone wants boring goals,
noone wants to start a journey if they think that the journey will suck
regardless of how big the goal is.
I wanted to be happier with myself 15 days ago.
I started a journey of 35 goals to reach.
I was not even sure then, what would make me happy.
I decided to find out what will make me happy on the road.
Please do not set easy or boring goals.
They should make you happy and excited during the journey towards them.
Yay! I’ve lost 10lbs in a week with my super healthy diet!
This diet was not supposed to help losing weight but it did work on that area too!
This is a healthy diet mostly for people who have:
Liver and bowel problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leaky Gut Syndrome etc.
Auto-immune diseases like celiac or crohn, bowel related psychological disorders such as depression, migraines etc
Excessive Candida Albicans in digestive system.
Under-working immune system (mine was almost dead 🙂
High blood sugar and constant sugar cravings
I had all of the above 🙂 Luckily I developed The Alex – Diet to cope. As it worked quite well for me in the very first week, I will share it with you as a New Year present 🙂
Plus gain: My goal was to lose 30lbs by the end of January 2015. First part of the goal is achieved: To lose 10lbs before 2015 🙂
Beware that I am not a nutrician but a psychologist. I made this diet up by hours of research about leaky-gut diets, GAPS diets etc from academic studies to nutritionists (who sell their ultimate diet plans 0_o) and personal experience blogs. They are too restrictive for me in many ways and there are too many recipes to follow. That is, you feel coerced to buy the damn cookbook. I said no to that crap and start working on my own diet which I will share with everyone for free 🙂
During this diet, I also took L-Glutamine, Vitamin C, Milk thistle, Beta Carotene and probiotic dietary supplements.
I believe, a diet for health should not contain many recipes, but the principles to apply to your tastes.
So, I developed 10 principles to follow:
1. Drink water as water (0.5 gallons a day). Not as tea, coffee etc. Just water.
2. Eat nothing with a “light/diet/low fat” written on it.
3. Every morning when you get up, drink 1 big glass of water. You can add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, carbonate or apple cider vinegar in it. This is to detox your liver. After that, drink 1 tablespoon of black cumin oil and 1 tablespoon of propolis. Drink another glass of water. These are to boost your immune system.
4. Wait for 2 hours till breakfast. You can drink water. No coffee or black tea allowed. Give your digestive system and liver a nice detox time every day. Oil and propolis have lots of calories and you won’t be craving I promise.
5. For breakfast
This is when you start fighting with Candida in your system. You send the good guys (probiotics) to fight them.
a) Eat 1 bowl of probiotic yoghurt. You can add extra probiotic supplements in it.
b) Drink 200ml kefir.
a) if you want, you can have 1 cup of very smooth blend coffee or tea. 1 cup, no more…
b) If you crave, wash your mouth with some Apple Cider Vinegar and you will feel better. If you get very hungry, you can eat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil every day. You can use this option if you have night cravings. No carbs, eat oil It will make you feel full.
7. Never cook the oil. You can put the oil to your meal when you are on the table. I do not use oil for cooking, I drink it. Better for the bowel.
8. Lunch & Dinner: You can eat the same things in lunch and dinner as long as they are healthy 🙂 You can be creative but keep it simple. No sauces, no extra fat and no breads.
I mostly eat my meals as soups with home made bone broth.
You can be creative and use the soup recipe to make your favorite soups with different ingredients. Here is an example with the same cooking tactic. Same recipe, diffrerent soup. Easy, isn’t it?
Note: No extra oil in the soup as it has fat in itself. Avoid too much salt. Use turmeric and rosemary for taste and aroma. Also, no flour is used. No exceptions on that.
You can use any meat/poultry or fish + cooked/steamed veggies in your meals. I recommend cooking veggies with steam. So, you should buy yourself a steamer 🙂 You will use it almost every day… If you do not have a steamer, boil them in water in low heat. But they will lose some nutrients to water while boiling. So drink that boiling water too.
I recommend free range especially for poultry. Organic will be a plus.
You can eat boiled eggs too as a meal. 2 boiled eggs + yoghurt as dressing + veggies can be a nice dinner plate.
Yesterday I treated myself a really nice dinner. I wrote the names of the veggies I used. OMG salmon is sooo tasty I did not even put salt in it! I steamed vegetables first and then the salmon in steamer. It was ready in 30 minutes in total. (I did not steam the soy sprouts though, I ate them raw 🙂
Salmon is very oily and you should not use any extra oil.
Bring it all together and make a salmon-veggie soup with the same ingredients.
9. Manage your guilty pleasures.
a) If you want to eat desert, eat dark chocolate, eat 1 piece (up to 20gr) per day at the most. The next day you can eat again. So you are not giving up for life. You don’t have to eat the whole bar when you open it.
b) Tiny guilt treats: If you want to eat cake, cook it with gluten-free flour and eat very very little.
Small-size dark chocolate cupcake with 1 cooked cherry on top is my favorite (no cream of course)
Also, you can make tiny treats for yourself such as pumpkin desert or ginger desert. Boil them like you are making a marmelade. Do not overcook but boil them slowly with little sugar.
Another example with yoghurt sauce, not so guilty 🙂
c) No-guilt treats: Eat all you can eat treats. Beware, until your stomach stops creating gas, you should avoid fresh veggies. I started to eat them on the 6th day.
Try not to take sugar if you have excessive Candida growth. They love sugar. Let’s starve them 🙂
10. What not to eat and NO EXCUSES!
– Cheese, milk, dairy products except for yoghurt and kefir.
– Wheat, wheat products, rice, corn, starch and starchy veggies like potatoes.
– Fruits as they are very high on fructose sugar. Candida loves fructose.
– Deserts including milk such as pudding etc.
– Raw veggies or salads until your stomach does not produce gas.
– All fastfood or junk food like chips etc.
– Any kind of smoked meat and fish.
– Alcoholic drinks, fruit juice (fresh or not), coke, energy drink etc.
There it comes: The Principle Zero. Start with a decision.
Today is a good day as it is time to make New Year Resolutions. When you decide to live healthy, then clean up your freezer, kitchen, cellar etc. If they stay, you eat them. As the principle zero, get rid of them first. Tomorrow, go buy/order fresh veggies, meat and bones. Start cooking. It is very easy. Believe me, because I am very lazy 🙂
If a very depressed woman could do it, (I mean avoiding sugar and comfort food was not easy in the first days) anyone can.
6. BUSINESS PROJECT. Found my own business: I refused 5 job offers in the last 6 months since I have lost my job. I really do not want to work for anyone anymore. I will found my own home-office small business in January 2015 and try to reach a financial goal (to be set in Jan2015) at the end of year 2015.
4. THE MOVIE WATCH&WRITE PROJECT:Watch 100 “must watch” movies. When I looked at IMDB top 250 I realized I haven’t seen half of the list. What a shame! I do not watch TV so I have time for movies. While I am watching from the list, I will add my own little critiques about them and the rest I had watched earlier.
3. Finish PhD thesis and graduate in June 2015. This is the big goal. First I have to pass my 3rd defence on 5th Jan 2015. I am absolutely not prepared. So I have to work a loooooot this week. I have to do so many things. Panic panic panic !!!