It’s coming to an end soon 🙂
The initial list on Dec 24th 2014 (139 movies left) as I have watched the rest earlier than the project.
Updated on Dec, 30th 2014 (119 movies left)
Updated on Jan, 3rd 2015 (99 movies left)
Updated on Jan 10th 2015 (64 movies left)
Updated today Jan 15th 2015: I have 30 movies left form my watchlist of IMDB top 250 🙂
I first set my goal as “throughout the year” but I changed it until the end of January 2015 as I happened to be super motivated and fast about it. Here is the updated project summary on Jan 4th, 2015:
Continue reading IMDb top 250 updates, project evaluation…
I realized that some of my projects haven’t got any deadlines so I added them today by updating MY 35 PROJECTS page.
Go check them out 🙂
As you remember, the project was as follows and here are latest updates:
GET RID OF IT PROJECT: Giving up, giving away, letting go of unuseful stuff from my life:
- Giving up on the activities I used to like but I really do not have energy/time/motivation to do anymore. Once I love them, now I do not have time to love them. So, I will just stop setting goals and failing about them 🙂 Relieved already.
I’m giving up on being a Tango Argentina performer
I was a really good on-stage dancer focused only on ”Tango Argentina”. I learned but never performed any Latina or other ballroom dances on stage. However, I fell in love with the Tango passion 🙂 Well, that was 15 years ago. I always missed dancing on stage and my firends endlessly tried to convince me to go back on stage every year but something was off. I wanted to dance but the work, school, career and jealous boyfriends made me leave it behind. I felt that it was not my choice but other factors that kept me from stage. However, now I realize that, if I wanted it that much I would have find some time for the past 3 years as I did not even have a boyfriend to be jealous 🙂 So, I leave you behind Tango Argentina, with my own choice now, with good memories of aching feet, endless hours of rehearsals, strong friendships and stormy applause I heard after my stage performances. I will not sigh any more about you. So long…
I’m giving up on expecting too much from myself
I lowered some of my expectations about my projects and postponed some deadlines today. I don’t want to hate this project I want to love it through the journey. Here are my updates about less expectations.
- Giving away the clothes I haven’t worn for more than a year, and the things that are not useful to me any more. They make a crowded feeling around me. So better get rid of them 🙂
I nearly made 8 big packs of clothes to be given away. I will send them to my mother and she will take care of the give-away part. I also found a chance to clean and organize my closet during the evaluation 🙂 I also got rid of some of the things which seem useless for me including furniture, kitchen utensils etc.
- Letting go of the people who drain my energy, who I do not contact anymore, clearing phonebook & facebook “so called” friends.
I haven’t started to clear my list yet. I will do it this week 🙂
I suppose this project will be finished by the end of this week long before the deadline which is at the end of January 🙂
ART EXHIBIT PROJECT: Create 20 items of art (painting & sculpture) for an art exhibition. For the last decade every year I made a resolution about creating more art, and I procrastinated etc. I am done with that. I want them to be exhibited! I have no training in any kind of art. I learned it by doing. I will do this in 2015. Even though I cannot make the exhibition this year, I will make them ready. Who knows, someone may see them here and my dreams on an official exhibition come true 🙂
My deadline is Dec 31st, 2015.
GRADUATE PHD THESIS PROJECT. Finish PhD thesis and graduate in June 2015. This is the big goal. First I have to pass my 3rd defence on 5th Jan 2015. I am absolutely not prepared. So I have to work a loooooot this week. I have to do so many things. Panic panic panic !!! (first posted on December 23rd, 2014) Updated on Jan 3rd, 2015, as I learned I have more time 3 more semesters to graduate, so I decided not to panic myself, I changed it to PhD thesis project as I want to finish the data collection & analysis & writing the first draft by the end of the year. Deadline Dec 31st, 2015.
5. BOOK JOURNAL PROJECT: Read 200 books in a year. I really am a fast reader and I will keep a journal too. (first posted on December 24th, 2014) Updated on Jan 3rd, 2015, 200 is too many 🙂 let’s make it 100 🙂
As a psychologist and a former 10+ yrs experienced Project Manager in Consulting and a woman who really sucks at resolutions 😛 I want to address the ultimate 01.01.2015 problem:
Why New Year’s resolutions do not work but goals do?
1. New year resolutions do not have deadlines or project plans.
If you do not have a plan or deadline, you will always have tomorrow, next week or month to do it.
Regardless of when you start, you should know when to finish. Also, you should have a roadmap to follow. Roadmaps and deadlines can be modified. There are no rules. But, they should be set.
2. New year resolutions are not clear.
Do more of this, do less of this are not clear. Define more and less. Use percentages, numbers, counts.
Spend more time with family is not a clear goal. It is a wish. Set the goal with clarity. Spend 2 hours of quality time with family? Not there yet. Define quality time. What do you consider as high or low quality? Maybe you should ask your family and gather more data on clarifying what to do in that 2 precious hours.
3. New year resolutions are too hard to reach because they include changing habits or personality.
Becoming more patient organized cannot be a goal as it is strongly linked to your personality. Do not waste time changing it. It never works.
In order to set a clear goal, discover why you want to be more patient or organized. Where will you use it? Will it contribute your success in your business, your relationships? Then, why don’t you set success in your business or relationships as a goal rather than changing yourself, change your relation quality.
6. BUSINESS PROJECT. Found my own business: I refused 5 job offers in the last 6 months since I have lost my job. I really do not want to work for anyone anymore. I will found my own home-office small business in January 2015 and try to reach a financial goal (to be set in Jan2015) at the end of year 2015.
Good news folks!
I feel better with my bone broth soup which I daily prepare from zero to eat it fresh.
For the last three days I am having:
- Bone broth veggie soup (see lazy recipes section under Health Category) 2 big bows 🙂
- Propolis (1 spoonfull)
- Probiotic yoghurt mixed with normal yoghurt (200 ml)
- Kefir (200 ml)
- Riched Probiotic Supplement including (I mix it with yoghurt for breakfast)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- No gluten, no wheat or wheat products, no milk, no cheese, no coffee/tea, no coke, no sugar, no starchy food, none of them! It is very hard not to drink my morning coffee and eat my bitter chocolate but i guess i will get used to that.
And I feel better. Of course there is gas and stuff weird going on in my stomach like it talks to me mumbling and growling all the time but I guess I got used to it.
Plus I will buy fresh Nigella Seeds (Black Cumin) and L-Glutamine supplement today and take them to boost my immune system.
I use medication that doctor gave me for Candida. That will go on for a week.
So in 10 days I want to get better. First goal 🙂 Get rid of this thing, get healthy and keep it that way for a year 🙂
On 5th of January I have my PhD Thesis defence meeting and I want to be super energetic that day. Although, mmm, I haven’t done much about the thesis lately. I guess I should work on that in the following days.
So 10 days folks 🙂 Wish me luck to fight with my fucking Leaky Gut Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Systemic Candida in my bowels and I hope I will give you good news.
Thank you for supporting me 🙂