I’ve just watched2 Days, 1 Night movie starring Marion Cotillard, who was laid off during her sick leave as she was suffering from depression. She was informed informally by her coworker about this. Very similar to my case. But…
As I look back now, my case was far worse than her:
1. Economically, she was married and her husband also works, they own their own place and car, so no rent but a mortgage, which they can make a second mortgage or sell it as they own it.
I did not have anything, no car, no house and a high rent, not because my 50m2 flat is good but I live in a cosmopolitan city.
I did not have mortgage but had rent and payments of my PhD. I did not own anything worthy to sell.
So, economically I was worse off 🙂
2. Socially, she has people around her, a supporting positive-thinking husband who encourages her to fight for her job. I did not even have a boyfriend 🙂 She has two kids who are lovely. I do not even own a cat or a flower 🙂
3. Psychologically, my whole life was my career. For her, it was no more than a money-making job. I had major depression, was on sick leave for 3 days although she was for months. On the third day, I received an informal call like hers and they said “You are kicked out”. No voting, no chance to fight for it. It just happened. The worst thing was that, my so-called colleagues did not even say something against it. I was the one who had hired some of them. Can you believe that ?
It is like being stabbed from everywhere…
All the depression plus my auto-immune diseases including fibromyalgia, leaky gut, IBS, alopecia areata, urticaria, lichen planus plus candida, migraines, food allergies, fatigue etc. it is a miracle that I am still alive 🙂
Look where I am now. Quite a breakthrough? No, but maybe some breakthrough. At least, I am trying. Thanks to you, I have a reason to write. Some days were harder than the others for the past month, and those days, the only reason that I woke up was to write my blog and “try to try”.
A month ago, I started this blog. I wrote 10 things about me and it was very depressing to honestly admit that I have many problems. Now, I will make the first monthly evaluation. My comments of today are marked with red. Updated on Jan 23, 2015.
1.Single, white, female like the fucking movie. I am single, never been married, I live alone. I am fucking alone. Therefore, I have no personal life or career. What do I have?
I am still single 🙂 However, I do not feel alone. I have you dear reader! Actually, I enjoy my alone time a lot. I have many projects so I do not think about my single status that much.
I have severe fibromyalgia, mitral valve pulmonerasis (heart disease), major depression, leaky gut syndrome, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome and the worst of it “candida albicans” throughout my digestive system. It is suprising that I haven’t died yet!
Yes I failed myself during the past week about weight control.
I’ve gained almost all the weight I’ve lost as I spent my days in bed at home, sick, with toothache, with antibiotics + probiotics, oversleeping, some crying for hairloss due to alopecia areata, some victimizing myself etc etc.
Candida of course is back again, I did everything I could but the antibiotics won.
So, where am I? I am as sick as the first day when I started blogging but something is different now. I am not as helpless as in the first day which was about 20 days ago.
Everything is as shitty as it was, but I am less helpless.
What has been changed in less than a month about me?
I’ve not been changed that much but now I have an audience, followers who support me, people who care for me, take some of their precious time to read this. As more of you are added in my life, I became less helpless and grew stronger towards the setbacks and obstacles.
I have more trust in myself now although I failed again in some of my projects. They will get better. I am sure of that.
Because YOU are increasing in my life and YOU give me this motivation.
Thank you dear reader,
You cannot imagine, by just reading this, how helpful you are to change someone’s life.
I recently wrote that my health is getting better and I am so happy and proud of myself for sticking to my healthy diet. I eat a lot of meat (all kinds), bone broth and black cumin oil which are high in calories and still lose weight as I cut the carbs. Of course I eat chocolate and little treats like ginger desert, pumpkin desert and tiny cupcakes made w/ gluten-free flour.
All of my meals are home-made (by me) and my original recipes. In other words, I made them up 🙂 I call them lazy recipes as I cannot spend time on cooking and want the ingredients become food as effortless as possible.
So, I came up with a new goal: Why don’t I create a lazy healthy recipe set to share with you? I’ve already created a category about it. I tried two other meals in the past two days and will share them too.
At the end of the year, I want to came up with the top 5’s in the areas of:
1. Breakfast ideas
2. Red meat (Lamb/Beef) + veggies + sauces
3. Poultry meat + veggies + sauces
4. Bone broth soups
5. Green salad & veggie sauces
6. Snacks + snack sauces
7. Desserts + desert sauces
8. Smoothies w/ kefir or yoghurt
I love making the combination to ease the cook’s mind. I will try them through time and select the top 5.
As I have a leaky gut and IBS, candida problem and gluten allergy I think my choices will apply to many people with or without these problems.
Yay! I’ve lost 10lbs in a week with my super healthy diet!
This diet was not supposed to help losing weight but it did work on that area too!
This is a healthy diet mostly for people who have:
Liver and bowel problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Leaky Gut Syndrome etc.
Auto-immune diseases like celiac or crohn, bowel related psychological disorders such as depression, migraines etc
Excessive Candida Albicans in digestive system.
Under-working immune system (mine was almost dead 🙂
High blood sugar and constant sugar cravings
I had all of the above 🙂 Luckily I developed The Alex – Diet to cope. As it worked quite well for me in the very first week, I will share it with you as a New Year present 🙂
Plus gain: My goal was to lose 30lbs by the end of January 2015. First part of the goal is achieved: To lose 10lbs before 2015 🙂
Beware that I am not a nutrician but a psychologist. I made this diet up by hours of research about leaky-gut diets, GAPS diets etc from academic studies to nutritionists (who sell their ultimate diet plans 0_o) and personal experience blogs. They are too restrictive for me in many ways and there are too many recipes to follow. That is, you feel coerced to buy the damn cookbook. I said no to that crap and start working on my own diet which I will share with everyone for free 🙂
During this diet, I also took L-Glutamine, Vitamin C, Milk thistle, Beta Carotene and probiotic dietary supplements.
I believe, a diet for health should not contain many recipes, but the principles to apply to your tastes.
So, I developed 10 principles to follow:
1. Drink water as water (0.5 gallons a day). Not as tea, coffee etc. Just water.
2. Eat nothing with a “light/diet/low fat” written on it.
3. Every morning when you get up, drink 1 big glass of water. You can add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, carbonate or apple cider vinegar in it. This is to detox your liver. After that, drink 1 tablespoon of black cumin oil and 1 tablespoon of propolis. Drink another glass of water. These are to boost your immune system.
4. Wait for 2 hours till breakfast. You can drink water. No coffee or black tea allowed. Give your digestive system and liver a nice detox time every day. Oil and propolis have lots of calories and you won’t be craving I promise.
5. For breakfast
This is when you start fighting with Candida in your system. You send the good guys (probiotics) to fight them.
a) Eat 1 bowl of probiotic yoghurt. You can add extra probiotic supplements in it.
b) Drink 200ml kefir.
a) if you want, you can have 1 cup of very smooth blend coffee or tea. 1 cup, no more…
b) If you crave, wash your mouth with some Apple Cider Vinegar and you will feel better. If you get very hungry, you can eat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil every day. You can use this option if you have night cravings. No carbs, eat oil It will make you feel full.
7. Never cook the oil. You can put the oil to your meal when you are on the table. I do not use oil for cooking, I drink it. Better for the bowel.
8. Lunch & Dinner: You can eat the same things in lunch and dinner as long as they are healthy 🙂 You can be creative but keep it simple. No sauces, no extra fat and no breads.
I mostly eat my meals as soups with home made bone broth.
You can be creative and use the soup recipe to make your favorite soups with different ingredients. Here is an example with the same cooking tactic. Same recipe, diffrerent soup. Easy, isn’t it?
Note: No extra oil in the soup as it has fat in itself. Avoid too much salt. Use turmeric and rosemary for taste and aroma. Also, no flour is used. No exceptions on that.
You can use any meat/poultry or fish + cooked/steamed veggies in your meals. I recommend cooking veggies with steam. So, you should buy yourself a steamer 🙂 You will use it almost every day… If you do not have a steamer, boil them in water in low heat. But they will lose some nutrients to water while boiling. So drink that boiling water too.
I recommend free range especially for poultry. Organic will be a plus.
You can eat boiled eggs too as a meal. 2 boiled eggs + yoghurt as dressing + veggies can be a nice dinner plate.
Yesterday I treated myself a really nice dinner. I wrote the names of the veggies I used. OMG salmon is sooo tasty I did not even put salt in it! I steamed vegetables first and then the salmon in steamer. It was ready in 30 minutes in total. (I did not steam the soy sprouts though, I ate them raw 🙂
Salmon is very oily and you should not use any extra oil.
Bring it all together and make a salmon-veggie soup with the same ingredients.
9. Manage your guilty pleasures.
a) If you want to eat desert, eat dark chocolate, eat 1 piece (up to 20gr) per day at the most. The next day you can eat again. So you are not giving up for life. You don’t have to eat the whole bar when you open it.
b) Tiny guilt treats: If you want to eat cake, cook it with gluten-free flour and eat very very little.
Small-size dark chocolate cupcake with 1 cooked cherry on top is my favorite (no cream of course)
Also, you can make tiny treats for yourself such as pumpkin desert or ginger desert. Boil them like you are making a marmelade. Do not overcook but boil them slowly with little sugar.
Another example with yoghurt sauce, not so guilty 🙂
c) No-guilt treats: Eat all you can eat treats. Beware, until your stomach stops creating gas, you should avoid fresh veggies. I started to eat them on the 6th day.
Try not to take sugar if you have excessive Candida growth. They love sugar. Let’s starve them 🙂
10. What not to eat and NO EXCUSES!
– Cheese, milk, dairy products except for yoghurt and kefir.
– Wheat, wheat products, rice, corn, starch and starchy veggies like potatoes.
– Fruits as they are very high on fructose sugar. Candida loves fructose.
– Deserts including milk such as pudding etc.
– Raw veggies or salads until your stomach does not produce gas.
– All fastfood or junk food like chips etc.
– Any kind of smoked meat and fish.
– Alcoholic drinks, fruit juice (fresh or not), coke, energy drink etc.
There it comes: The Principle Zero. Start with a decision.
Today is a good day as it is time to make New Year Resolutions. When you decide to live healthy, then clean up your freezer, kitchen, cellar etc. If they stay, you eat them. As the principle zero, get rid of them first. Tomorrow, go buy/order fresh veggies, meat and bones. Start cooking. It is very easy. Believe me, because I am very lazy 🙂
If a very depressed woman could do it, (I mean avoiding sugar and comfort food was not easy in the first days) anyone can.