5. THE BOOK JOURNAL PROJECT: Read 200 books in a year. I really am a fast reader and I will keep a journal too.
NEW GOAL ADDED – MOVIES :)
4. THE MOVIE WATCH&WRITE PROJECT: Watch 100 “must watch” movies. When I looked at IMDB top 250 I realized I haven’t seen half of the list. What a shame! I do not watch TV so I have time for movies. While I am watching from the list, I will add my own little critiques about them and the rest I had watched earlier.
3rd goal comes with panic button, and i already pushed it!
3. Finish PhD thesis and graduate in June 2015. This is the big goal. First I have to pass my 3rd defence on 5th Jan 2015. I am absolutely not prepared. So I have to work a loooooot this week. I have to do so many things. Panic panic panic !!!
My first two goals are set with deadlines!
1. Get my health back. Win against Leaky Gut Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Fibromyalgia through healthy diet full of probiotics, aminoacids but without carbs and caffeine. First deadline: Show some progress in 10 days and be energetic on Jan 5th 2015 for my PhD thesis defence meeting. (first posted on 23.12.2014)
2. Be size 4 again, which is my ideal size since I am 5’3” (160cm) and that is tiny :))) My deadline to reach that is end of January 2015. However, I will not do a speed diet or anything. I just keep on what I eat and walk everyday. The goal does not end here of course, keeping that size throughout the year is the real deal. (first posted on 23.12.2014)
New goals will be added as I get more and more motivated!
PS: If I cannot reach them by deadlines I will revise them and keep working on them 🙂
New goal along with getting my health back! Be size 4 again until Jan 31st 2015
In 10 things about me section I mentioned that I was size 4 (Europe:34) about a month ago and now I am size 10 (Europe:40)
So this is not a good thing cause I am only 5’3” (160cm) and size 10 is too much for my little bones to handle.
Size 4 is my ideal size cuz I am tiny 🙂
And, of course losing my smoking hot appearance is not so sweet either.
Therefore, I give a new deadline to myself to be size 4 again until the end of January and keep it that way all year.
I guess I can do that as my diet strictly forbids any carbs. I cannot do any hard sports because of my health issues but my doctor says walking is good for me. So I will walk 🙂
Uh, oh, I am getting excited already 🙂
I will post my weight and step count everyday till I reach my goal.
Deadline Jan 31st 2015.
Keep on following and supporting please 🙂
Healthy recipes to deliciously fight against GAPS and LEAKY GUT SYNDROME
I just discovered a really rich website about GAPS diet.
GAPS is too hard for me to follow but there are some recipes that are worth trying for, especially the desserts!
Yumm yummm 🙂
Thanks to http://gapsdietjourney.com/ by Starlene Stewart
P.S. There are some e-cookbooks too 🙂
Update update, I have a deadline :)
Good news folks!
I feel better with my bone broth soup which I daily prepare from zero to eat it fresh.
For the last three days I am having:
- Bone broth veggie soup (see lazy recipes section under Health Category) 2 big bows 🙂
- Propolis (1 spoonfull)
- Probiotic yoghurt mixed with normal yoghurt (200 ml)
- Kefir (200 ml)
- Riched Probiotic Supplement including (I mix it with yoghurt for breakfast)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- No gluten, no wheat or wheat products, no milk, no cheese, no coffee/tea, no coke, no sugar, no starchy food, none of them! It is very hard not to drink my morning coffee and eat my bitter chocolate but i guess i will get used to that.
And I feel better. Of course there is gas and stuff weird going on in my stomach like it talks to me mumbling and growling all the time but I guess I got used to it.
Plus I will buy fresh Nigella Seeds (Black Cumin) and L-Glutamine supplement today and take them to boost my immune system.
I use medication that doctor gave me for Candida. That will go on for a week.
So in 10 days I want to get better. First goal 🙂 Get rid of this thing, get healthy and keep it that way for a year 🙂
On 5th of January I have my PhD Thesis defence meeting and I want to be super energetic that day. Although, mmm, I haven’t done much about the thesis lately. I guess I should work on that in the following days.
So 10 days folks 🙂 Wish me luck to fight with my fucking Leaky Gut Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Systemic Candida in my bowels and I hope I will give you good news.
Thank you for supporting me 🙂
Beef and Golden Beet Stew
Check Alicia’s blog out for recipes to cope Leaky Gut Syndrome with GAPS diet.
On nasty, cold rainy days like today there is nothing better than a bowl of warm, chunky stew. The stews that I used to make would invariably contain some form of potato, whether I made them on my stovetop or in a slow cooker. Since beginning the GAPS Diet nearly two years ago, potatoes have been removed from our diet. I honestly haven’t missed them much, as you can make mashed “potatoes” using creamy cauliflower or “French fries” from carrot sticks or squash or whatever else you feel like using.
When making stew, however, it’s hard not to notice that something is missing. So I tried to see what I could do about that when I made stew a couple of days ago.
It was the first thing my husband noticed when he sat down to dinner. “Potatoes!” he said. “But they can’t be potatoes! What are they?” He couldn’t guess…
View original post 314 more words
How to make bone broth at home in 3 easy steps + Lazy Soup Recipe
STEP 1. Pick a meat type and buy fresh bones
Lamb has the best taste, cow has more bone marrow. I do not prefer poultry or pork, but these will do too.
It is better be organic and this is very important “free range” animals especially for poultry in both ethical and health terms.
Pros: Very easy to find, cheap
Cons: It is the bones of an animal. It doesn’t look like cutted meat. It is the bone and you have to see it.
STEP 2. Boil them in very low heat for 8-12 hrs
Put lots of water in the pot and put 2-5 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in it to get the best result. Put the bones and open up the heater. Boil it first with moderate heat and take the brownish foam out. We do not eat that. Then put the heater to the minimum, cover the pot and wait for 8-12 hrs. Check 2-3 times about the water level. Usually you do not have to add water in it. If you have to, add previously heated/boiled water.
Yes, it takes so long. Do not forget: The heat should be at the minimum. This is not a meal so cooking it with high heat in short time will not get you what you want. So simply, wait 🙂
STEP 3. Use it immediately or cool it down and put it in the fridge
Using it immediately is nice but you will eat all the fat in it too. However, if you cool it and wait it in the freezer like 4-5 hrs, the fat will freeze on the top.
It will look like this:
See the bones and the white fat on them. Tap on the fat with a spoon and it will crack. Take the fat out and you will see the bone broth jelly inside.
It should look like this:
I usually do not use the fat. No need to gain more weight. The jelly is fatless and full of aminoacids.
When you take the fat out, heat the pot again and take the bones out. You can also take the bone marrows and put them into the jelly or you can eat them directly. Very very healthy and necessary if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome like me.
Now you have your Bone Broth and you can put precooked or steamed peas, chickpeas, beans, veggies, meat, onions, garlic in it to make a nice soup or you can drink it directly when it is warm.
Do not add additional water. That will lower the taste.
Tip: I steam the veggies and other stuff before putting into the broth because broth is already cooked. No need to overcook it and kill the health in it.
My lazy soup recipe with bone broth
1. Frozen presteamed veggies (broccoli, lettuce, baby carrots etc),
2. Precooked frozen meat products or meatballs (no salami, no sausages, no smoked meat)
3. Other ingredients like precooked beans, chickpeas or peas (No wheat or wheat products, no corn and no starch should be added if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome.)
4. Onions (very small cut, you can use frozen too)
5. Garlic (large cut and freshly cut)
6. For extra taste: turmeric, rosemary etc. (No hot pepper or no extra sauce if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome) Turmeric is extra good for Leaky Gut.
7. Bone broth from 1kg of bones (home cooked, fat removed)
This is how my soup looks like:
Add them all to your bone broth, cook for 10 minutes with low heat to mix the tastes together and your soup is ready to go.
No extra salt needed as it is too tasty and fresh, Good for health. Buon apetite 🙂
Cleaning is done, now it is time to cook and self-rejuvenation
Thank you all for following and supporting me 🙂
This really boosted me yesterday and I cleaned my messy house.
Now it is time to clean me 🙂
I cooked a super-healty soup with homemade bone broth. That is to treat my freaky leaky gut.
I put some onions, meatballs, vegetables (broccoli, carrot etc), chickpeas; added turmeric, rosemary for flavor. At the end, I added freshly cut garlic.
OMG it tastes soooo goood 🙂