This one is too close to an achievement if you call watching movies an achievement 🙂 *
Here is what I’ve been so far: Alex’s scores on IMDB 250
I do as I am sick at home, it is much better than pitying myself and doing nothing 🙂 Here are what I learned through this journey:
- I’ve learned so much about what makes a movie beautiful, from the screenplay to angles.
- I discovered the unique styles of directors.
- When I got more interested I read the stories behind the scripts and try to understand why the director chose that script.
- As I score the movies, I rediscovered myself too as what I care the most in a movie as an audience. What is boring, what is artful, what is too long, I redefined them.
- I found some of them quite overrated like Godfather by Coppola, and some underrated like Yojimbo by Kurosawa.
- INterestingly they all start with IN, I loved Incendies and Intouchables more than Interstellar and Inception when it comes to family/friend relations.
- I loved Django Unchained more than 12 Years a Slave on direction, script and acting. So Academy Awards sometimes are not that meaningful.
Through all this, I realized that I like realistic fairytales, in other words real stories which are told in a magical way.
Therefore, my voice is beginning to emerge and create itself…
*So, this is quite an accomplishment through my sick days at home 🙂